What Torat Shraga Is All About
Yeshivat Torat Shraga is a dynamic and exciting Yeshiva in Israel for bright, self-motivated post-high school students. Torat Shraga has several different goals: teaching the skills needed for a lifetime of learning Torah on an advanced level, cultivating a lasting bond with Am Yisrael & Eretz Yisrael, fostering the middot expected of a Ben Torah, and advancing the leadership skills of our talmidim. A Torat Shraga student not only wants to be personally impacted by his education and his environment, he also strives to share and convey that passion and excitement for learning to others as well.
This is your Yeshiva in Israel!
Yeshivat Torat Shraga is located on the beautiful campus of the Yeshiva University Gruss Kollel in Bayit Vegan, Jerusalem. Our facility includes a beautiful newly renovated air-conditioned Beit Midrash, classrooms, dormitory apartments, basketball court, weight room, student lounge, and computer room. Many of the Gruss Kollel fellows have established warm relationships with our talmidim through the medium of daily chavruta study, late night chaburot and home hospitality. YTS students enjoy tiyulim throughout the length and breadth of Eretz Yisrael, including three three-day excursions, combined with mini-tiyulim in and around Yerushalayim are designed to imbue our students with a love of the land and its underpinnings in Tanach. It also fosters the opportunity to meet the varying population strata of Eretz Yisrael and to see the holistic beauty of the Jewish People. In addition, YTS arranges visits to some of the great Torah personalities of Israel from the broad spectrum of Jewish leadership on a periodic basis. In order to nurture a familiarity with the variegated communal settings of the country, shabbatonim are organized in different communities throughout Eretz Yisrael. In addition, through the Yeshiva’s Chessed program which offers different venues, the student is able to accentuate and solidify his overall spiritual and ethical growth.
Develop a relationship with a great chevra of guys and Rabbeim that will last a lifetime.
Develop a love of HaKadosh Baruch Hu, His Torah and Torah learning.
Develop complete profficiency in reading Hebrew and Aramaic texts.
Develop a love for Eretz Yisrael, Am Yisrael, and Medinat Yisrael.
Torat Shraga Staff
Excellence begins at the top and trickles its way down
Rabbi Avishai David
Rabbi Michael Olshin
Rabbi Dr. Gil Elmaleh
Rabbi Avi Schneider
Rabbi Netanel Lebowitz
Rabbi Binyamin Staiman
Rabbi Andi Yudin
Rabbi Eric Ifrah
Rabbi Yisroel Feld
Rabbi Moshe Reichman
Rabbi Yossi Fuchs
Rabbi David Shamula
Rabbi Dani Kunstler
Rabbi Chezkie Glatt
Rabbi Chaim Eisenstein
Rabbi Yosef Silverman
Rabbi Eliezer Mescheloff
Rabbi Ely Rimler
Rabbi Shloimy Eichler
Rabbi Eliyahu Haber
Rabbi Arnie Wittenstein
Rabbi Noam Singer
Rabbi Michael Goldman
Rabbi Dovi Fishman
Yeshiva Torat Shraga Schedule
Morning ✦ Afternoon ✦ Night ✦ & More
- 7:55 am Shacharit; 8:40 am Short Vort
- 8:50 am Breakfast
- 9:15 am Shnayim Mikra Seder; 9:30 Midot Development
- 10 am Iyun Seder in the Beit Midrash
- 11:55 am Gemara B’Iyun Shiur
- 12:45 pm Mincha, Lunch and Break (2:45pm Mincha during Elul and kayitz zman)
- Leisure Activities: Basketball, workout room, ping pong, etc.
- 3 pm Chaburot (many options to choose from!)
- 3:35 pm Afternoon Seder / Bkiyut
- 5 pm Gemara B’kiyut Shiur
- 5:40 pm Halacha Seder with Afternoon Rebbeim
- 6 pm Shiur on various topics: SUNDAY: Schmuess from the Mashgiach, Rav Staiman (Shana Alef), Rav Ahron David (Shana Bet); MONDAY: Rosh Yeshiva Parsha Shiur (entire Yeshiva); TUESDAY: Open Beis, Rosh Yeshiva (Shana Bet); THURSDAY: Rav Eisenstein 15 Minute Halacha (Followed by Open Beis) (Shana Alef); Leadership Training Seminar (Shana Bet)
- 6:45 pm Dinner
- 7:45 pm Siyum Seder
- 8 pm Maariv
- 8:15 pm Mussar Seder
- 8:55 pm Night Seder / Shiur
Special Weekly Shiurim
- Tuesday: 12 pm The entire yeshiva joins for a weekly Schmuess from a rotation of YTS Rebbeim
- Tuesday Night: 8:20 pm Shana Aleph Schmuess w/ Rav Fuchs; Shana Bet Schmuess
- Tuesday Night: 9:15 pm Shana Aleph & Bet Vaadim
- Wednesday Afternoon: Extended dinner break from 4:30 pm- 8 pm
- Wednesday: 10 pm Beit Hamussar- Schmuess given by YTS students to YTS students
- Thursday Night: 8:45 pm Parsha / Mussar schmuess w/ Rav Eisenstein
- Thursday Night: 10 pm - 12:30am Mishmar & Programming
CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE YTS STUDENT HANDBOOK