What Torat Shraga Is All About
Yeshivat Torat Shraga is a dynamic and exciting Yeshiva in Israel for bright, self-motivated post-high school students. Torat Shraga has several different goals: teaching the skills needed for a lifetime of learning Torah on an advanced level, cultivating a lasting bond with Am Yisrael & Eretz Yisrael, fostering the middot expected of a Ben Torah, and advancing the leadership skills of our talmidim. A Torat Shraga student not only wants to be personally impacted by his education and his environment, he also strives to share and convey that passion and excitement for learning to others as well.
This is your Yeshiva in Israel!
Yeshivat Torat Shraga is located on the beautiful campus of the Yeshiva University Gruss Kollel in Bayit Vegan, Jerusalem. Our facility includes a beautiful newly renovated air-conditioned Beit Midrash, classrooms, dormitory apartments, basketball court, weight room, student lounge, and computer room. Many of the Gruss Kollel fellows have established warm relationships with our talmidim through the medium of daily chavruta study, late night chaburot and home hospitality. YTS students enjoy tiyulim throughout the length and breadth of Eretz Yisrael, including three three-day excursions, combined with mini-tiyulim in and around Yerushalayim are designed to imbue our students with a love of the land and its underpinnings in Tanach. It also fosters the opportunity to meet the varying population strata of Eretz Yisrael and to see the holistic beauty of the Jewish People. In addition, YTS arranges visits to some of the great Torah personalities of Israel from the broad spectrum of Jewish leadership on a periodic basis. In order to nurture a familiarity with the variegated communal settings of the country, shabbatonim are organized in different communities throughout Eretz Yisrael. In addition, through the Yeshiva’s Chessed program which offers different venues, the student is able to accentuate and solidify his overall spiritual and ethical growth.
Develop a relationship with a great chevra of guys and Rabbeim that will last a lifetime.
Develop a love of HaKadosh Baruch Hu, His Torah and Torah learning.
Develop complete profficiency in reading Hebrew and Aramaic texts.
Develop a love for Eretz Yisrael, Am Yisrael, and Medinat Yisrael.
Torat Shraga Staff
Excellence begins at the top and trickles its way down
Rabbi Avishai David
Rabbi Michael Olshin
Rabbi Dr. Gil Elmaleh
Rabbi Avi Schneider
Rabbi Yehuda Werblowsky
Rabbi Dr. Howie Apfel
Rabbi Yossi Fuchs
Rabbi Moshe Reichman
Rabbi Noam Gordon
Rabbi Hillel Zinkin
Rabbi Andi Yudin
Rabbi Eric Ifrah
Rabbi David Shamula
Rabbi Binyamin Staiman
Rabbi Judah Goldschmidt
Rabbi Eliyahu Haber
Rabbi Dani Kunstler
Rabbi Eliezer Mescheloff
Rabbi Arnie Wittenstein
Rabbi Noam Singer
Yeshiva Torat Shraga Schedule
Morning ✦ Afternoon ✦ Night ✦ & More
- Shacharit: 7:45, Mon & Thurs-7:35
- Breakfast 8:30
- 9:15 Pre-shiur: Discussions about developing our personal relationships with G-d
- 10:00 Seder B’iyun: Guided chavruta study in the Bet Midrash
- 11:50- Shiur B'iyun
- 12:45- Lunch & break: (optional shiurim) Optional shiurim include – Medical Halacha w/ Rabbi Dr. Howie Apfel; Chassidut w/ R. Shlomo Katz; Bkiyut Blitz w/ R. Yossi Fuchs
- 2:45- Mincha
- 3:00 Rebbe led small chaburot. On Wednesdays, the Rosh yeshiva gives a Q&A on the material covered during the week.
- 3:30 Seder B’kiyut: Guided chavruta study in the Bet Midrash
- 5:00 B'kiyut Shiur: Five different levels that will challenge you.
- 6:10 Chaburot: Every night a choice of four different classes including Hebrew Ulpan. Topics include – Getting Inside Tefilla, Midot Development, kiruv Training Seminar, Emuna and Bitachon, Hilchot Bein Adma L'chaveiro, Jewish History. On Wednesdays we end afternoon seder at 5:30 for an extended dinner break
- 7:00 Dinner
- 8:00 Maariv
- 8:15-8:45 Mussar seder with Gruss Kollel - Guided chavruta study in the Bet Midrash.
- 8:45-10:00 Night seder chaburot: Choice of 7 Non-Gemara topics of Study. Topics include Nach, The Thought of HaRav Kook, Kuzari, The Chosen Nation, Sephardic Halacha, Sefer Hamitzvot, Topics in Jewish Thought.
- 6 Shabbatonim
- Rosh Hashana/Yom Kippur/Simchas Torah/Chanukah/Purim/Shavuos in Yeshiva
- Yom Hazikaron Program / Yom Haatzmaot Celebration / Yom Yerushalayim Celebration / Lag B'omer Tiyul
- Trips: YTS students enjoy tiyulim throughout the length and breadth of Eretz Yisrael, including three three-day excursions, combined with mini-tiyulim in and around Yerushalayim are designed to imbue our students with a love of the land and its underpinnings in Tanach. It also fosters the opportunity to meet the varying population strata of Eretz Yisrael and to see the holistic beauty of the Jewish People.
- Chessed: The Yeshiva’s Chessed program, which offers different venues, the student is able to accentuate and solidify his overall spiritual and ethical growth.